Radio Gramophone Development (R.G.D) specialised in the manufacture of very high grade radio, gramophone and television equipment. Established in 1929 as Radio Gramophone Development Co., Ltd. Globe Works, Newtown Row, Birmingham 6 they suffered severe damage from a bombing raid during 1940 and so relocated to Pale Meadow Works, Hospital Street, Bridgenorth. The company survived as a discrete entity until 1952 when they were absorbed into the Regentone empire. The RGD brand continued until Regentone themselves were merged with STC in 1961.
Today, the scarce and much sought RGD1046 is highly prized for it’s PX4 amplifier.