Girling of Tyseley Birmingham was a British automotive systems manufacturing company.
- 1925 The company started as a car brake manufacturer after Albert H. Girling. He patented a wedge actuated braking system.
- 1929 He sold the patent rights to the New Hudson company.
- 1938 Girling brake manufacture was taken over by Lucas in 1938 but the patent remained held by New Hudson until this in turn was purchased by them in 1943. Lucas then moved their Bendix brake and Luvax shock absorber interests into a new division which became Girling Ltd.
- 1943 Private company.
- 1949 Advert for brakes for cars.
- 1961 Chassis engineers and manufacturers of disc/drum brakes and dampers.
- 1963 Motor Show exhibitor. Disc and drum brakes