TELCOTHENE BRAIDED COMPONENT SLEEVING FROM 1938 - BLUE
In 1938. the first cable insulated by Telcothene was manufactured by ‘The Telegraph Construction & Maintenance Company.’ Telcothene is their company name for polythene as discovered by ICI in 1933 - real cutting edge stuff.
This sleeving material has an internal bore to suit most passive componentry and has a pleasing woven finish similar to Oilsockey and Systoflex. This material comes from a supply laid down in the esarly 1940s and liberated from store in Wiltshire where it was used by EKCO for radio and radar equipment manufacture. Telcothene was used by many manufacturers including EKCO Ltd, the Admiralty and the Air Ministry.
Of particular use today, Telcothene finds use in sleeving component wire in radio restoration , this woven sleeving is available in lengths from 1M to 100M.