WW2 GEC US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS ANTENNA TUNING UNIT BC 306 B
GEC US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS ANTENNA TUNING UNIT BC 306 B
This type of ATU was used during WWII on the B29 aircraft ('Flying Fortress') for transmitting and receiving.
- Matt Black
- Serial Number 104709
- Made by GEC USA
- Ground transportable; used between tactical field units. It was transported in vehicles or cargo aircraft.
- Part of US Army Signal Corps Radio Equipment SCR 177-B
- Principal Components:
- Receiver BC-189
- Transmitter BC-191/ BC-375
- Antenna Tuning Unit BC-306
- Tuning Unit TU-3, TU-5, TU-6
- Antenna change over switch SW-223.
- Marked SC B301 A in Orange on the side.
- Four Mounting clips, and porcelain insulators in place.
- Antenna Variometer Switch and control knob, and 'lock' knob are all present.
- Weight: 5kg
- Measurements (WxDxH) excluding base plate:- 20.3cm (8") x 20.3cm (8") x 40.3cm (16")
Rare, and in pretty good condition with some surface scuffs and scratches, but no dents, commensurate with age and use.