WW2 GEC US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS ANTENNA TUNING UNIT BC 306 B
GEC US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS ANTENNA TUNING UNIT BC 306 B
This type of ATU was used during WWII on the B29 aircraft ('Flying Fortress') for transmitting and receiving.
- Matt Black
- Serial Number 104709
- Made by GEC USA
- Ground transportable; used between tactical field units. It was transported in vehicles or cargo aircraft.
- Part of US Army Signal Corps Radio Equipment SCR 177-B
- Principal Components:
- Receiver BC-189
- Transmitter BC-191/ BC-375
- Antenna Tuning Unit BC-306
- Tuning Unit TU-3, TU-5, TU-6
- Antenna change over switch SW-223.
- Marked SC B301 A in Orange on the side.
- Four Mounting clips, and porcelain insulators in place.
- Antenna Variometer Switch and control knob, and 'lock' knob are all present.
- Weight: 5kg
- Measurements (WxDxH) excluding base plate:- 20.3cm (8") x 20.3cm (8") x 40.3cm (16")
Rare, and in pretty good condition with some surface scuffs and scratches, but no dents, commensurate with age and use.
We Also Recommend
EDDYSTONE CAT 958 FULL VISION DIAL, 6 X 4.125 INCH, 10:1 SLO MO DRIVE NEW IN BOX
HONEYWELL METER MS1 FSD 50uA DC 43 x 43mm FACE AS USED IN SOME BEECHCRAFT AIRCRAFT